Macbeth The Play

Macbeth The Play

Friday 22 November 2013





Macbeth- What I know about this play so far.


             The play starts out with the three witches or Weird Sisters predicting, “Fair is foul and foul is fail” (I. I, 12-13). This quote that the Weird Sisters say is stating that everything good will turn bad and everything that is dreadful will turn into something favourable. They then meet with Macbeth. They give predictions to him that he will become the Thane of Cawdor and then the King of Scotland. Later on in Act one the current King of Scotland, Duncan, had been informed on how the war was going. The battle between Norway and Scotland was going well and that Scotland won.  He, The King of Scotland gives Macbeth the title Thane of Cawdor, Macbeth realizing that the witch’s predictions have come true, thinks that he must kill King Duncan, in order to take his place. I think the most important part of this act was the discussion between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth about whether they should kill King Duncan. At first Macbeth wants to kill Duncan so that he can be placed as king, but his heart is far too soft and he rethinks it. His wife, Lady Macbeth, convinces him back into the plan, and decides that she will do the job herself as it is for the best.

Too me, Shakespeare is amazing on many levels. Every play that I have read or gone over in theatre class or English was always something I adore. The language in Shakespeare is very difficult at times but besides that I really enjoy it. Macbeth is a really cool play! I’ve done it before in theatre class and everyone had such an amazing time working on their parts. Macbeth isn’t one of my favourites from Shakespeare but I enjoy it very much because all the characters are very different in many ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment